Mass Spectrometry Service
The facility offers mass spectrometry service with the following equipment, on a first-come-first-served basis:
Bruker timsTOF Pro Mass-spectrometer
(Powered by PASEF)
1. Shotgun protein identification (In gel/ In solution tryptic digestion and desalting service is available)
2. Protein quantification (Labelling/ Label free Quantification)
1. Analysis for molecular weight determination / confirmation
2. Tandem mass spectrometry (MS/MS) for structure elucidation
3. Screen for possible post-translational modifications
4. LC/MS/MS for qualitative analysis of proteomic samples
1. Protein Identification
This service incorporates both peptide mass fingerprinting (PMF) and MS/MS peptide fragmentation. The sample (single protein spot/band) is digested with trypsin and the digested fragments are recorded. A list of fragments (“fingerprint”) is generated. From the list, the most abundant peptide ions are selected for MS/MS analysis. The fragmentation produces a series of sequence ions that are used for database searching. The protein is identified by matching the experimental results with the theoretical fragmentation patterns in the MASCOT database.
a) Full service for Protein Identification (with sample preparation)
In-gel Digestion, Extraction, ZipTip® Desalting, MALDI-TOF/TOF (PMF+MS/MS) and Database Search
b) Protein Identification* (without sample preparation)
MALDI-TOF/TOF (PMF+MS/MS) and Database search
*Sample spotted on target plate
2. Accurate Mass Measurement
This service provides accurate mass measurement of protein(s) in the sample.
a) Accurate Mass Measurement
ZipTip® Desalting and MALDI-TOF Manual export of MS spectrum and peak list data (in Excel format)
How to apply for the service?
Please fill in the corresponding form in FULL and submit sample(s) during office hours.
Details regarding sample submission can be found here.
For inquiries, please contact Ms. Joyce Wong at email@example.com.