Tissue Processing Service
How to apply for the service?
• This equipment is only open to users who have access to the HistoStar Embedding Workstation and HM325 Rotary Microtome.
• The service is only run on Tuesdays (except Public Holidays) and is to be operated on a first-come-first-served basis.
• To use the service, please make a reservation under “Revos Tissue Processor (Training A)”, on our booking system. Click here for instructions.
• Multiple reservations from different users can be made on the same day. If different users require different run programs, latecomers will be asked to reschedule via email.
• BioCRF staff will confirm with users their run details via email. Upon confirmation, users have to submit fixed samples
(a) enclosed in properly labeled cassettes and
(b) contained in a beaker filled with 70% alcohol
before 5:00pm of the scheduled run day.
Pick-up of Processed Samples
Processed samples will be transferred to the tissue storage tank of the HistoStar Embedding Workstation the next day at 10am for users to do further processing (embedding and sectioning).